Homeless and Housing Strategies for California
Homeless and Housing Strategies for California is a companion website created by the Hub for Urban Initaives.
The primary purpose of the Homeless and Housing Strategies for California website is to closely examine the issues that are contributing to an unprecedented increase in the number of persons who are homeless and at risk of becoming homeless in California; help counties, cities, and communities shape local policies for solving homelessness and increasing affordable housing including permanent supportive housing for the chronically homeless; and assist you in helping other local stakeholders and decision-makers shape local policies by promoting the practices published there.
The 2017 Legislative Housing Package in California has injected a wide-range of new regulatory and financial resources to increase affordable housing, permanent supportive housing for homeless persons with disabling conditions, and supportive services including health, mental health, and substance abuse care. The Homeless and Housing Strategies for California website will help local governments and non-profit organizations maximize the impact of the resources available to them.
"Thank you for this. In Santa Cruz we're trying to establish at least two new Navigation Centers, and this guidance is valuable. Much appreciated!"
Homeless Service Coordinator at County of Santa Cruz
Our guidance focuses on three key areas for action:
- Policy, including opportunities to make the most of new legislation and funding
- Plans, especially strategic plans for CoCs
- Practices, both proven and promising, that CoCs can implement to improve outcomes
- Map of California Continuums of Care Showing Number of Homeless Persons with HIV/AIDS Counted in 2019
- Hundreds of Persons with HIV/AIDS Continue to Live on the Streets and in Shelters in California according to Recent Homeless Counts
–The number of persons with HIV/AIDS counted as homeless in the United States in 2019 was half (50.4%) the number of persons with HIV/AIDS counted in 2005– –In contrast, the number of persons with HIV/AIDS counted as homeless in California in 2019 was one and a half times (155.0%) of the persons counted in 2005–…
- California Continuums of Care 2019 HMIS Software Vendors
Continuum of Care Name of Vendor CA-500 San Jose/Santa Clara City & County CoC Bitfocus, Inc CA-501 San Francisco CoC Bitfocus, Inc CA-502 Oakland, Berkeley/Alameda County CoC Bitfocus, Inc CA-503 Sacramento City & County CoC Bitfocus, Inc CA-504 Santa Rosa, Petaluma/Sonoma County CoC Social Solutions CA-505 Richmond/Contra Costa County CoC Bitfocus, Inc CA-506 Salinas/Monterey, San…
- Map of California Continuums of Care Showing Total Number of Homeless Veterans Counted in 2019